GOD KNOWS WHAT IS BEST FOR US!

There are times when God takes things from us and other times when we pray for things we think we need and God does not give them to us. Nevertheless “…the Lord knows the way of the righteous” (Psalm 1:6). One day God’s action will prove to be for the benefit of us and for His kingdom!

The truest satisfaction in life comes from being in the perfect will of God, doing His work, living according to His choosing. But most of us are convinced that only we know what we need in order to be fulfilled and happy. And, in most cases, what we believe is best for us actually would ruin us! Never in the history of mankind has God taken anything from one of His children without bringing in something better, more beautiful, more fulfilling.

God’s best is not something to fear; He not only knows what is best for you, He wants you to have His best! If we truly believed this it would produce such rest, peace and joy in us! We would not grieve over letting go of things; we would know we’ve been set free from all bondage! We would say, “Lord, if You are taking this from me, it must mean You have something much better for me. So take it—You can have it!”

Beloved, we need to rest in the loving hand of our Father! We need to come to the point of trust where we say, “I have a loving Father who wants the very best for me. He knows it all!” How did Job finally come to a place of rest? He persuaded himself that God knew what He was doing and that everything was under control! Job said “But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold” (Job 23:10).

Many Christians see God at work in their lives yet they still wonder, “What if I blow it? What if I do something wrong and God gets angry or impatient with me? Will all His promises fail me? Will I have to settle for something less than His best?” No—never! If your heart is right before God, if you keep returning to Him and seeking Him with all your heart, nothing will change His plans for you!